Monthly meetings held the First Wednesday of the month
at the rear of the courthouse.
Daylight saving time 8.00pm start. Otherwise 7.30pm.
The first meeting of the society was held at 8:00pm on November 27, 1967 in
the Mechanics Hall in Lloyd St (now the library/shire office).
AIMS and OBJECTIVES:
- To collect, record and preserve items of historical interest pertaining to Dimboola and District.
- To assist other concurring individuals and organisations in the preservation of the community's history.
- To foster and encourage community interest and pride in their district's history.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY THE ORGANISATION
- The society holds regular monthly meetings for it's members, which are also open to the public.
- The society's rooms are open to the public on Saturdsys. The rooms are opened at any time
by appointment for both visiting individuals and groups.
- The society regulary changes it's displays so that, where possible , they are related to community
events or celebrations.
- When appropriate, the society holds exhibitions, seminars or other activities of historical interest
to the community, and makes it's facilities available to organisations planning reunions.
- The society undertakes research requests for people outside the local community, particulary
- The society produces a monthly newsletter for it's members and subscribers along with other publications.
- The society is assisting other community organisations in the collection and preservation of their history.
- The society is actively liaising with the local schools in encouraging student interest in their local history.
- The society organises and conducts the Dimboola reunion every second year. The last being our very
successful third reunion.
- The society has been actively involved in the drafting of Ebenezer Mission Management Plan.
- The society was actively involved with the archaeological survey conducted at the mission station
by Doctor Jane Lydon, a member of the society.